04 August 2008

Like it was great, awesome (totally) - IHT.com

Ok, ok... So I'm a bit in arrears on cleaning up my draft postings. But this tidbit was one I had to rescue from the March trash bin, just for you all.

Sitting in my coffee shop, I heard a dude discussing his hangover at greater length than I would've thought possible, all about how his expectations for the night before had been too high and that there was an emotionally needy side to him that sort of ambushed him and led to his debacle, which he then described in too much detail, and then he said, "Mom, I've got to run. Later." And then "Love you, too." And went back to reading e-mail.

Geez...! GK actually said 'dude'... I mean, here is one of the most erudite (well, GK knows what 'erudite' means even if you don't) fellows on the planet, letting his hair down to say 'Dude'. I was shocked.

Not quite appalled, but definitely shocked. Then again, my Mom would have told me to suck it up...

No comments:

 

©2003-2012 J.M. Schneider -- Excerpts via Fair Use